Sunday, June 7, 2009

Party Tiiiiime

What a busy little weekend! As summer creeps up on us, graduation season is in full swing, and with it comes parties, parties, parties. This weekend Audrey and I attended 2 graduation parties and 1 baby shower! It was all lots of fun, and it was nice seeing people. Audrey was sooo well behaved, and as usual, she was a hit everywhere we went. She just always seems so curious. Needless to say, she spent a decent amount of her time like this:

Hahaha I just love that face!! It's things like that that make me jealous of babies. They can get away with just about anything. She burps and farts like a trucker (as my mom so eloquently describes). She has two chins and countless rolls. She snores like the guy in the Breathe Right commercials before he came up with his handy invention. She can usually be found with a trail of drool connected to her onesie. She has had poop all the way up to her shoulder blades and all the way down to her ankles. TO HER SHOULDER BLADES AND ANKLES FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. It must be nice. I mean, I'm not saying that it would be fun to have poop smeared up my back, but the fact that babies can do all that and STILL have everyone "Ohhh"-ing and "Ahhh"-ing over them sure says a lot.

Here's a prime example of the drooling thing:
You know, she'll probably kill me if she ever sees this blog. Looking through my photo gallery, I certainly have some blackmail for down the road. That's what mothers are for though, right? To embarrass their children. My mom always said that her mother embarrassed her and she fully intends to embarrass us. And she has succeeded. I mean, in my brother's baby calendar, she marked down the day he found his penis in the bathtub. Nice Chris. But, I have to say, I definitely plan on continuing the tradition down to the next generation of our family. Lucky Audrey :)

1 comment:

  1. jen... this is absolutely beautiful! I am so glad you decided to share your life and audrey with me! She is absolutely beautiful! And I know you are already being the great mother we all knew you'd be! I can't wait to meet her! And catch up with you! Hope everything continues to stay positive....

    the pictures of her posing with her hands are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete