Friday, July 17, 2009

Ugh.

My mom ended up passing away on Tuesday, July 14 with my brother and I both by her side. It all still feels so insane. She had only been in the hospital about three weeks, and she had only been diagnosed with lung cancer for about 2 weeks. My mom was honestly one of the healthiest people I know. She ate healthy. She never smoked. She rarely drank alcohol. She went to the gym more than I did. It just makes no sense at all; I guess it's not going to.

At this point, I don't know that it really feels real just yet. I'm numb. Obviously watching my mother pass away is the most real situation I've ever found myself in, but at the same time, we've been so busy rushing around planning the viewing and the funeral and looking at our budget and figuring out bills and picking out a casket and sorting through pictures and answering phone calls and emails....etc. etc. etc. I feel like once everything really dies down it'll hit me like a brick wall.


I'll do longer post some other time. Right now I'm putting together a bunch of pictures for the viewing tomorrow. Sorry these pictures are so bad. I just used my phone to take pictures of the actual pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Jen, I am truly so sorry. You are amazing to be able to survive everything you have been through, and I hope you'll be able to continue being such a rock. Anything at all you need, call your pals in NYC, we'll be there as soon as a train can get us there. I am sending all of my love and strength in your direction my dear.
    -Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything Mercedes said. I am so so sorry. If you need anything, I'm here for you. You are such a strong and amazing person.
    -Keiran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, you are truly truly truly one of the strongest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. And I can honestly say that I'm more than positive your mom had a huge part in making you the person that you are today. I have no doubt in my mind, from the things you have told me and shared about your family, that your mom was so so so proud of you and everything you have accomplished. Even though I never had the privilege to meet her I know she would want you to know how much you mean to her. How much she appreciated you and everything you have done. And that she will always be with you. She was an amazing woman and I know she'll be smiling down on you and Audrey whenever you need her. Stay positive. My thoughts and prayers are with you... and if you need anything, anything at all, seriously do not hesitate to ask! -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete