Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chrirstmas Eve FLASHBACK!

So, we made out very well this Christmas. And when I say very well, I mean, like, we acquired a boatload of extremely cool and amazing things. More than we could ever want or need. Our living room is just ridiculous right now. Still. Because we look at it all, and it's like, ahhh, where are we going to put all of this stuff?! We are just so incredibly blessed to have so many generous, supportive peope in our lives. Beyond the presents, the good times with friends and family has been great, too :)




Every year, we get nice and dressed up and go to church at 6:30 pm on Christmas Eve. Granted, there was one year when my mom attempted to drag us to the midnight mass, but we were literally falling asleep in the middle of it. We were in elementary and middle school! Come on, Dee! So this year, we stuck with the 6:30 mass. Brittany, my brother's girlfriend, went with us, too, which was probably a good thing considering that Audrey and I were up walking around for part of the mass. She was getting antsy. So was I. Plus, I hadn't been back to that chuch since my mom's funeral, so it was a bit odd.


And besides my mom's funeral, Audrey has never been to church, so she doesn't know the proper church going etiquette. SUCH AS the fact that you're NOT supposed to wave at EVERYONE that walks by or go "aaaAAAAHHHHH" or "pfiiiiiiiiiiiit" loudly (or quietly, for that matter). You're also not permitted to take your dress shoes off, chew on them, and then chuck them on the floor. I'm sure she'll get the hang of all of this soon enough, though, and everyone around us seemed to get a kick out of it. She is seriously so nosey it's not even funny. There were these two old people on oxygen behind us, and she's strain her neck soooo hard to lean over my side, and stare and wave at them.
After church, we stopped home to take some pics in front of the tree before heading off to our neighbors for their annual Christmas eve party. It's always so much fun and the food is SOOO GOOOOOOD. We eat and eat and eat and eat some more. Scattered somewhere between all that eating is some talking and gift giving, but the eating is what's truly important, right?! Our neighbors are like family, and we've known them all forever, so it's always a lot of fun.
Yes, there was certainly an empty spot there that night, especially considering how much my mom loved Christmas and Christmas Eve. This party was the one night of the year when my mom drank. Like, more than 1 Zima. Or, I'll never forget the time I was at Temple and was talking to my mom after a rough Friday and she sassily informed me, "You know what, I think I'm going to have HALF a beer tonight!" Jeesh mom, go big or go home!



Anyway, so she'd go to our neighbor's house and they'd buy cases and cases of this fantastic champagne. Mike, our neighbor, would top my mom off the ENTIRE night. She'd take one sip, and he'd be RIGHT there to fill her back up again. And she'd try to fight it. But barely. It was so funny.



This year, Audrey seemed to really enjoy herself. She hung out for a little while before slipping into something more comfortable (also known as fleece snowman button down pajamas). She then proceeded to open some presents, wave to everyone with both hands like she always does when she gets ultra-tired, and head to bed in a pack-and-play our neighbors new, ginormous bedroom that is part of an AMAZING edition they put on their house. As she slept soundly upstairs I continued to get my party on downstairs (responsibly, of course) with my monitor strapped to the belt of my jeans. No seriously, they have a way to attach it to your pants. I looked cool. Then, I bundled up, scooped her up, and snuck back to our house to get in bed so that Santa could show up with the goooooods. She stayed asleep, which was nice. My brother and his girlfriend stayed at the party a lot later than we did. As a new mom, I just don't have any party stamina I suppose. And that's just fine :)

1 comment:

  1. awww you both look so pretty all dressed up.
    im so behind in my posts too...

    ReplyDelete