Tuesday, January 12, 2010

X-X-X-MAS!!!!

If you don't like seeing excessive amounts of baby toys, you probably shouldn't view this post.



Just a warning.
So anyyyywaaay, Santa dropped off so much loot that we don't know what to do with it all! I mean, literally, it is January 12, and almost ALL of the stuff that Audrey got is still in our living room. In a pile. I mean, we moved it out from under the christmas tree [which is in the process of being taken down :( ], so I guess that was a good step.
Spence and I tried to be reasonable and hold ourselves back, but being Audrey's first Christmas, that was hard for us and even harder for EVERYONE ELSE. My two best friends Angie and Gia got Audrey a very cool Jeep walker to cruise around the house in. It's so funny watch Audrey wobble all over the place and try to get into things. She enjoys eating her puffs while "driving around," as well as chasing down Dia, our dog.
Some of our neighbors got Audrey a little table that speaks in both English and Spanish. Bilingual baby!! I swear if I here "ROOOOJOOOO" (Spanish for "red") one more time, I may possibly chuck it out the window. Just kidding. She really seems to like it! It's really very cute.
Other neighbors got Audrey a very adorable shopping cart and a pair of Uggs! I have to say, I'm not an Ugg fan for the most part, but I really feel that they're adorrrrable for babies!

The most outrageous gift that Audrey got from some of our neighbors was a case of beer. Yeah, I said it. BEER. Once, she was down at the Musselman's house just hanging out, and Will got out a beer after a long day of work. Audrey proceeded to snatch it up and put it up to her mouth as though she was drinking from it. Should I be worried?! I don't have a copy of the picture on my computer, but once I put it up, I'll post it. It's HILARIOUS.
As far as gifts from family, Chris got Audrey a pretty fly jogging stroller that has a place to plug in my iPod as well as speakers so we can BUMP IT! Hahah we're going to be the coolest mother-daughter exercising team EVER. It's so nice.
video
(P.S. I stink and for some reason I CANNOT figure out how to flip these videos around! I can do it in the Picasa program, but not the actual video itself. So, I'm sorry for that!)

Spencer and I got Audrey a tent that looks like a tree (this was a compromise because Spence thought she should get the inflatable ball pit)...

A set of bongos...
A bowling set, a set of very cool keys, AND LOOOOOOOVEEEE. I'm only adding that because I can't remember what else we gave her haha. And I don't feel like hunting down any more pictures. I apologize.

Chris gave me a nice necklace with Audrey's birthstone on it as well as a gift certificate to the HERSHEY SPA! I can't wait to go sometime. Oh, and Spence got me a really cool pair of Hunter boots. It was adorable, he said he remembered me talking about them a while ago but couldn't remember the brand. He did recall me talking about how cool Kate Moss looked in them, so he Googled "Kate Moss rain boots" and did some searching haha. How cute is that?! He listens! I certainly made out very well.

Chris's girlfriend, Brittany, gave me a BEAUTIFUL drawing of Audrey that she made. It's gorgeous, and I can't wait to hang it up. I had no clue that she even drew, but it's SO GOOD! You can kind of see it in the bottom right corner of the 2nd picture in this post.

Plus, Chris and I are pretty sure we could start our own cafe now. His girlfriend's parents got us one of those Keurig machines, my dad and stepmom gave me an espresso machine, and Angie gave me a really amazing tea pot! Looooook out Starbucks!
For our Christmas dinner, we stuck with tradition and made steak and lobster, just like we had always used to do with our mom. It was gooooooood. Audrey had mixed vegetables, a green bean, and some mashed potatoes. Very exciting stuff. We all ate our brains out.
One of the most meaningful gifts I was given was a scarf from my neighbors. My mom's good freind Jude had been out Christmas shopping with my mom last year, and during that trip, she had picked out a scarf for a good freind of hers. My mom continued to comment on how much she had loved that scarf, so Jude went back and got my mom one, too, and planned to give it to her this Christmas. Obviously, that didn't happen. It's ironic because, as Jude says, she NEVER Christmas shops that early. EVER. It's just crazy. However, it is a very beautiful scarf, and I love wearing it. It makes me think of my mom, and I can certainly see why she loved it so much.
The weekend after Christmas, we visited my dad, stepmom, and little sister in Maryland. I hesitate to say little sister considering she's like aallllllll grown up now! It's insane. That's her in the picture above. How adorable? I mean serrrrriously. We had lots of fun visiting them, too. They just moved to Cleveland this past week, so I hope all is well there and I hope my sister is enjoying her new school!

1 comment:

  1. omg! when audrey waves in the stroller.
    i actually let out a collective "awwwwwwwwwww."

    ReplyDelete