Tuesday, March 2, 2010

AHHHHH!


GUESS WHAT?! Audrey took her first steps on her own last Friday! It was so exciting; she just got real gutsy all of the sudden and went for it and took like 4 or 5 steps the first time. It was so cool. I didn't see it coming at all because I didn't think she was developmentally ready. She's been standing on her own for a little, walking while holding our hands, and transferring from one object to the next, etc., but I didn't know her balance and coordination were this good! Then, once she did it once I figured it wouldn't happen again any time soon. You know, I thought it was a big fluke (sorry, Aud). But then she took two steps two other times that night, and since then, she's done it some more every day. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures from it or anything. I was so unprepared! But here are some other pictures that are cute, regardless :)



I was so excited that I literally had tears in my eyes when it happened. It's amazing that she is actually a real live human being, and about 11 months ago, she was completely incapable of doing ANYTHING. And now look!! She's practically a grown up. AHHH. I know people keep saying like, "Ohhhh, and NOW the fun begins. Just you wait. It stinks when they become mobile." I get what they're saying, and I'm sure it's going to get tough to chase after her all the time and whatnot, but she's my daughter, and I'm pretty damn proud that she can walk. I mean, I was hoping that at some point in her life, she'd be able to move on her own, so really, this suits me just fine.
As soon as I get a video of her legitimately walking, I'll certainly post it! I started to get a real good one tonight, but then my camera died. That always happens at the most convenient times, doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! OH im so excited!

    and what's this in the last picture?! A smile!!!!???!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That's so amazing! Congratulations? I guess that's something I can say. I'm so excited! She's practically a college student.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS GUYS! I was so pumped haha :) Yeah, who knows, I guess she'll be applying to Temple soon enough?!

    Jimmy, I know! I guess she's starting to loosen up a bit now and not be such a serious model.

    ReplyDelete