Friday, March 5, 2010

Getting an Early Start

Audrey has always seemed to love books, but lately, she has been OBSESSED! I always think back till when she was a few weeks old and I was reading a book of nursery rhymes to her and my mom walked in to find Audrey literally fist pumping to my reading. We both found it hilarious. My mom said she was cheering, but after seeing that ridiculous Jersey Shore, I'd say I have reason to be nervous....


Anyway, lately, Audrey will go through a stack of books and hand me one after another and grunt until you read them all to her. She is a big fan of turning the pages, and sometimes I think she's more into that than the actual book haha. Well, it depends on the book. Her favorites are Pajama Time by Sandra Boynton (or pretty much ANY Sandra Boynton book), Global Babies by the Global Fund for Children, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr. and illustrated by Eric Carle, and Cat by Matthew Van Fleet.

My Lord, I feel like I have read these books SO much lately. You know it's sad when you don't even have to have the book in front of you to recite it. For example, the very inspiring Global Babies that is pictured in the pictures goes as follows:
Whereever they live,
Whereever they go,
Whatever they wear,
Whatever they feel,
Babies everywhere,
Are beautiful,
Special,
And loved!


Get this: my mom's yoga teacher gave Audrey this book as well as an organically made monkey stuffed animal when she was born. How nice yet rather cliche of her! For some reason, that always cracks me up.TOES!


Tonight, I attended a fundraising event for the Capital Area Pregnancy Center. I had visited the center the first day I found out I was pregnant, so it holds a special place in my heart. They had asked me to share my story this year, which was a wonderful opportunity. Oh, and there were about 500 people there! AHHH. I didn't feel too nervous until I got up there and looked out and truly realized how many people were there. But overall, it was a pretty cool experience. Audrey slept through the beginning of it, and finally I just woke her up since I wanted her to sleep tonight. People would clap and her eyes would open, roll back in her head, and close again :) She just kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment