Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter time!

On Easter morning, I tip-toed into Audrey's room to wake her up. I know, I know, I DID WHAT?! Who wakes a baby?! Well, we were going to church soon and this little girl was being a lazy bum.
I just love her little butt-up-in-the-air pose! I've never seen her sleep like that before. She just looked so adorable, peaceful, and zonked out that I hated waking her! But I did, because we had a big day ahead of us. And this is what came from that...

HAHAH. This face is probably also due to the fact that she woke up to my camera flashing at her. Jeesh. Apparantly Paparazzi Mom needs to CALM DOWN. I'll admit, I'd be grumpy, too, if someone woke me up and was immediatley taking pictures. Even if I was this cute.
But, after I gave her a bottle (we're weaning! yahoo whole milk!), I got her into her Easter dress and all was well. She thought she was HOT STUFF. It was hilarious. She kept looking at her dress and touching it and feeling her sparkley shoes. Plus, I was "oohing" and "ahhing" all over her, so her ego was pretty big. I'd say "OHHHH, AUDREY, LOOK AT YOU! YOU LOOK SOOOO GLAMOROUS!" To which she'd reply:
She has honestly been such a cheeseball lately! What's this smiling thing?! She never used to do that haha.






Then it was on to breakfast. Lately, Audrey has been loving the blueberries. Actually, she seems to like any berries, really, but blueberries and strawberries seem to be at the top of her list. HOWEVER (and this may be TMI) I think it's making her poop blueish/blackish. So, that's gross. I'm pretty sure that's the only thing in her diet that would do that. I was totally disgusted the first time it was like that, but considering all the bodily function ordeals that us parents have to control, it's no biggie.

All blue/black baby poop aside, I think we had a very nice Easter! We went to church with the Shays, visited the Musselmans and went on a walk (their wonderful dog Sammy passed away recently, and she will surely be missed!!!), and had a nice steak dinner with dad/Spencer. The day was relaxing and fun for the most part. Though we had some invitations for Easter dinner, it was nice to just be at home and do something ourselves. The smoke alarm did ring once, but we're all alive and well. One holiday down, hopefully lots more to go!

You can't tell, but this was while Audrey was hunting for Easter eggs. To her, that meant trying to run around all over the place and wiggle her hand out of mine and occassionally come upon a colorful egg. She really liked it outside. It has been SO NICE lately. We got her a swing to hang from one of our trees for her birthday, and we attempted to put it up but had no such luck. GOOD LORD that thing was difficult. It's like you need a completely straight branch or else it gets all tilted. And who the heck wants to push a baby in a tilted swing?! Not me. It was so frustrating that we ended up taking it down and just planning on asking Uncle Chris for some help.

Audrey's little onesie cracks me up. It's a horoscope t-shirt from the Gap. Since she's an Aries, it has a ram on it accompanied by the phrases "Born Good Natured" and "Loves to Rock the Boat." So far I'd say that seems to be pretty accurate!

1 comment:

  1. omgawd, this post seriously just made my day. I am so glad you all had a wonderful Easter!!! My sister used to sleep with her butt in the air all the time when she was a baby, so that was pretty funny to see. And I can't believe how much she's smiling!!!!!

    ReplyDelete