Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Momma's Day!



Ahhh, I apologize for the lack of posts lately. I have been finishing up this semester and it's been a bit crazy lately. BUT, things have been going pretty well. This past weekend was Mother's Day! Chris (my brother) took us out to a very yummy breakfast and then later we visited my mom's grave. That went all right actually. I mean, not that that's ever a fun thing to do, but Audrey kept running around and trying to steal people's flowers, so that kind of took some of the edge off. After all of that, Spencer came over and made some chicken with this great marinade he put together (soy sauce, honey, mustard, and a bit of salt and pepper....I think that was all, but I forget!). Aww, and he got me a cute tank top and dress! How sweet? He works at Pac Sun, and every time I go in to visit I was dropping little hints of how much I liked this tank top, but I wasn't expecting him to get me anything for Mother's Day! Very nice :)

(notice the adorable slippers hahaha)

Later, Maureen, her daughter Kaci, and I went to see Babies while Spencer hung out with Audrey and put her to bed by himself for the first time. And he was successful! Woohooo! Since I was nursing before, the night time routine was predominately on me, but it's nice that he can step in and do it sometimes, too. Anyway, the movie was great! I really liked it. It's very different; there was pretty much no dialogue, but with all the adorable baby acts involved, none was needed! It was very cool. I'd suggest checking it out. It's amazing to see how other people--let alone BABIES--live!

Overall it was a great day. I really wasn't expecting to have much going on, but it ended up being very entertaining. Plus, Audrey has been sleeping REALLY well at night. We're talking 8pm to 9-10am. YEAH. REAL WELL. I'd like to think this is a combined Mother's Day and Hey-I-Know-You're-Taking-Finals-So-I'm-Going-To-Be-A-Good-Girl present. However, I hope this is one of those gifts that keeps on giving. I could definitely get used tot his. It's been going on for about a week now. The first night she did it, she slept until 9, but the second night, she slept until 10. Or, should I say, I slept until 10, woke up in terror, and ran into her room expecting to find a dead baby. MY GOD, I was terrified! That never happens.


[paparazzi pic :) ]

She had been napping really well, too, but the past two days, naps have been real tough. We're lucky if we're getting a half hour for the whole day! UGH. She may be cutting some new teeth. I hope that's it. It's so tough because you really can't tell what the heck is going on to cause a weird "phase" yet before you know it, that phase is over and it's on to the next one!



No comments:

Post a Comment