Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Very Toddler Christmas

WOW, I can't believe that Christmas and New Year's are already over. JEEZE. And to top it all off, school starts back up again on Monday! I AM looking forward to some of my classes this semester, but still. Thanks for flying by, time.

Needless to say we had a lovely little holiday. On Christmas we just hung out at the house and had two--COUNT 'EM--Christmas dinners. First, we had steak and lobster with Chris in the late afternoon, and it was delicious. Later, we had a yummy chicken dinner with Gia, Amanda, Elena, and Eric, which was a fantastic way to end the day.

It was so cool to see Audrey really get more excited this Christmas. When she first came out to see our tree and stockings, she had her mouth gaping open as she walked around checking everything out.

WOAH, check out that stocking!

Lounging on a quilt made by our family friend Beth.

That's our tree! Which is still up, by the way. Hey, why not?


As the present-opening progressed, the clothes came off. Plus, she had some "diayeyeyeayah" on Christmas day as she was getting over her stomach bug.
I found her this COMPLETELY AWESOME old school Fisher Price record player from Urban Outfitters, and I'm so glad I did. Audrey is a big music fan, so this has been perfect.


If all else fails, I'll put her to work in a pizza parlor. This Pizza Party kit is wonderful practice for that. She LOVES IT.
Audrey liked to thank Santa after she opened a lot of her gifts, which is something I fully support. IT WAS ADORABLE! She'd open something, check it out and yell "THANK YOU SANTA!" except it sounded more like "DA DU SAAANTAAA!"


Audge loves lounging around with Uncle Chris!

Audrey got pretty easily distracted while opening presents, so Mommy helped out a little here and there.


Woah, some of these presents were pretty heavy, so it's a good thing Audrey has huge muscles.

Now, that's bedhead in the truest form. It doesn't matter though cause Santa left some pretty cool stuff in that stocking.

Checkin' out the goods!

The day after Christmas we headed out to Cleveland to visit Mimi, Pop Pop, and Aunt Emmie, and we had a great time!
Lots of snuggling occured, especially between Audrey and Emilee!

Parties on Aunt Emilee's bunk bed were lots of fun...until Toxic Audrey got everyone in Cleveland (starting with Emilee) sick sick sick.

Audrey STILL can't stop bragging about how Emmie painted her "fingah naaaails" and "toe naaaails." Little todder painted nails have to top the list of "Most Adorable Things in the Freaking World."


Audrey really enjoyed having Taylor Swift dance parties with her Aunt. I mean, who wouldn't?!



This pretty much sums up how I feel after the holidays. But as long as I have my little snuggle buddy, I'm good to go. PLUS, Audrey has apparently noticed that when we're in snuggly moods, I call her 'honey.' I never really noticed that I do it until she pointed it out! Now she'll come up to me and say "Audgeeyyy hooooney!" and get all cozy with me.
And things like that are the most perfect Christmas presents ever. I'll take that anyday!

1 comment:

  1. cute attacks all over my apartment. i love you guys.

    ReplyDelete